All data subjects whose personal data is collected, in line with the requirements of the GDPR.
1.1 The Data Protection Officer is responsible for ensuring that this notice is made available to data subjects prior to Cash4Tech (Part of Stock Must Go) collecting/processing their personal data.
1.2 All Employees of Cash4Tech who interact with data subjects are responsible for ensuring that this notice is drawn to the data subject’s attention and their consent to the processing of their data is secured.
2. Privacy Notice
2.1 Who are we?
Cash4Tech is part of Stock Must Go Ltd. Cash4Tech provide a means to recycle your technology and reprocess it for parts or refurbishment. Our business can then offer an outlet for such products. Giving our customers money for the technology and peace of mind knowing that their equipment gets securely destroyed or erased.
Our Data Protection Officer and data protection representatives can be contacted directly here using;
The personal data we would like to collect from you is:
|Personal data type:||Source:|
|Full Name, Date of Birth||From the website|
|Contact Details, email, telephone, address|
|Financial Details, Bank Account, Paypal or other payment details|
|Details on your devices|
The personal data we collect will be used for the following purposes:
- Process Purchases, Credits, Refunds and general transactions as per our contract with you
- If you have opted in to our marketing, for sending out information about our available products and services
Our legal basis for processing for the personal data:
- Contractual necessity, updating and transmitting vital information to uphold necessities of the contract
- Legal obligations (Accounting, Problems & Disputes)
- Service provisions
- Providing a service to our customers
By consenting to this privacy notice you are giving us permission to process your personal data specifically for the purposes identified.
Consent is required for Cash4Tech to process both types of personal data, but it must be explicitly given. Where we are asking you for sensitive personal data we will always tell you why and how the information will be used.
You may withdraw consent at any time by contacting Cash4Tech or our Data Protection Officer.
Cash4Tech will not pass on your personal data to third parties, unless needed to complete the contract without first obtaining your consent.
2.4 Retention period
Cash4Tech will process personal data for as long as you remain connected to our web portal or for the duration of any contract we have in place and will store the personal data for as long as necessary as to comply with any legal obligations, resolving disputes and enforcing agreements.
2.5 Your rights as a data subject
At any point while we are in possession of or processing your personal data, you, the data subject, have the following rights:
- Right of access – you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you.
- Right of rectification – you have a right to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to be forgotten – in certain circumstances you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records.
- Right to restriction of processing – where certain conditions apply to have a right to restrict the processing.
- Right of portability – you have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organisation.
- Right to object – you have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing.
- Right to object to automated processing, including profiling – you also have the right to be subject to the legal effects of automated processing or profiling.
- Right to judicial review: in the event that Cash4Tech refuses your request under rights of access, we will provide you with a reason as to why. You have the right to complain as outlined in clause 3.6 below.
All of the above requests will be forwarded on should there be a third party involved (as stated in 2.3 above) in the processing of your personal data.
In the event that you wish to make a complaint about how your personal data is being processed by (or third parties as described in 2.3 above), or how your complaint has been handled, you have the right to lodge a complaint directly with the supervisory authority and Cash4Tech data protection representatives Data Protection Officer.
The details for each of these contacts are:
|Supervisory authority contact details||Data Protection Officer (DPO) contact details|
|Contact Name:||Information Commissioner's Office||DPO Officer|
|Address line 1:||Wycliffe House||Unit 1 Zone 3|
|Address line 2:||Water Lane||Burntwood Business Park|
|Address line 3:||Wilmslow||Burntwood|
|Address line 4:||Cheshire||Staffordshire|
|Address line 5:||SK9 5AF||WS7 3FR|
|Telephone:||0303 123 1113||0333 700 4444|
3. Online privacy statement
Under the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) personal data is defined as:
"any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person ('data subject'); an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person".
How we use your information
This privacy notice tells you how we, Cash4Tech (Part of Stock Must Go Ltd), will collect and use your personal data.
- For services provided.
- Survey around how we did.
- Sales information.
- Marketing (if opted in).
- For use in the event that the device is listed, as stolen or in breach of contract
- We will only use your details for the reasons above unless we reasonably consider it is compatible with the original reason. However if we need to use your data for another reason we will contact you explaining the reason why and how / if this will be shared.
Why does Cash4Tech need to collect and store personal data?
In order for us to provide you with our services and sales we need to collect personal data for correspondence purposes and service provision. In any event, we are committed to ensuring that the information we collect and use is appropriate for this purpose, and does not constitute an invasion of your privacy.
In terms of being contacted for marketing purposes Cash4Tech would contact you for additional consent.
Will Cash4Tech share my personal data with anyone else?
We may pass your personal data on to third-party service providers contracted to us in the course of dealing with you. Any third parties that we may share your data with are obliged to keep your details securely, and to use them only to fulfil the service they provide you on our behalf. When they no longer need your data to fulfil this service, they will dispose of the details in line with our procedures. If we wish to pass your sensitive personal data onto a third party we will only do so once we have obtained your consent, unless we are legally required to do otherwise.
How Cash4Tech use the personal data it collects about me?
Cash4Tech will process (collect, store and use) the information you provide in a manner compatible with the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). We will endeavor to keep your information accurate and up to date, and not keep it for longer than is necessary. Cash4Tech is required to retain information in accordance with the law, such as information needed for accounts and audit purposes. How long certain kinds of personal data should be kept may also be governed by specific business-sector requirements and agreed practices. Personal data may be held in addition to these periods depending on individual business needs.
Under what circumstances Cash4Tech contact me?
Our aim is not to be interfering, and we try not to ask irrelevant or unnecessary questions. Furthermore, the information you provide will be subject to rigorous measures and procedures to minimise the risk of unauthorised access or disclosure.
Can I find out the personal data that the organisation holds about me?
Cash4Tech at your request, can confirm what information we hold about you and how it is processed. If Cash4Tech does hold personal data about you, you can request the following information:
- Identity and the contact details of the person or organisation that has determined how and why to process your data.
- Contact details of the data protection officer, where applicable.
- The purpose of the processing as well as the legal basis for processing.
- If the processing is based on the legitimate interests of Cash4Tech or a third party, information about those interests.
- How long the data will be stored.
- Details of your rights to correct, erase, restrict or object to such processing.
- Information about your right to withdraw consent at any time.
- How to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority.
- The source of personal data if it wasn't collected directly from you.
What forms of ID will I need to provide in order to access this?
Cash4Tech accepts the following forms of ID when information on your personal data is requested:
Passport, driving license, birth certificate, utility bill (from last 3 months), etc.
Contact details of the Data Protection Officer:
|Supervisory authority contact details|
|Contact Name:||Data Protection Officer|
|Address line 1:||Unit 1 Zone 3|
|Address line 2:||Burntwood Business Parks|
|Address line 3:||Staffordshire|
|Address line 4:||WS7 3FR|
Changes to the privacy notice and your duty to inform us of changes
We reserve the right to update this privacy notice at any time.
It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal data changes during your relationship with us.
1. What Are Cookies
For more general information on cookies see the Wikipedia article on HTTP Cookies.
3. Disabling Cookies
You can prevent the setting of cookies by adjusting the settings on your browser (see your browser Help for how to do this). Be aware that disabling cookies will affect the functionality of this and many other websites that you visit. Disabling cookies will usually result in also disabling certain functionality and features of the this site. Therefore it is recommended that you do not disable cookies.
4. The Cookies We Set4.1 Account related cookies
- This site offers newsletter or email subscription services and cookies may be used to remember if you are already registered and whether to show certain notifications which might only be valid to subscribed/unsubscribed users.
- This site offers e-commerce or payment facilities and some cookies are essential to ensure that your order is remembered between pages so that we can process it properly.
- When you submit data to through a form such as those found on contact pages or comment forms cookies may be set to remember your user details for future correspondence.
- In order to provide you with a great experience on this site we provide the functionality to set your preferences for how this site runs when you use it. In order to remember your preferences we need to set cookies so that this information can be called whenever you interact with a page is affected by your preferences.
Third Party Cookies
This site uses Google Analytics which is one of the most widespread and trusted analytics solution on the web for helping us to understand how you use the site and ways that we can improve your experience. These cookies may track things such as how long you spend on the site and the pages that you visit so we can continue to produce engaging content.
For more information on Google Analytics cookies, see the official Google Analytics page.
- Third party analytics are used to track and measure usage of this site so that we can continue to produce engaging content. These cookies may track things such as how long you spend on the site or pages you visit which helps us to understand how we can improve the site for you.
- From time to time we test new features and make subtle changes to the way that the site is delivered. When we are still testing new features these cookies may be used to ensure that you receive a consistent experience whilst on the site whilst ensuring we understand which optimisations our users appreciate the most.
- As we sell products it's important for us to understand statistics about how many of the visitors to our site actually make a purchase and as such this is the kind of data that these cookies will track. This is important to you as it means that we can accurately make business predictions that allow us to monitor our advertising and product costs to ensure the best possible price.
The Google AdSense service we use to serve advertising uses a DoubleClick cookie to serve more relevant ads across the web and limit the number of times that a given ad is shown to you.
For more information on Google AdSense see the official Google AdSense privacy FAQ
- We use adverts to offset the costs of running this site and provide funding for further development. The behavioural advertising cookies used by this site are designed to ensure that we provide you with the most relevant adverts where possible by anonymously tracking your interests and presenting similar things that may be of interest.
- Several partners advertise on our behalf and affiliate tracking cookies simply allow us to see if our customers have come to the site through one of our partner sites so that we can credit them appropriately and where applicable allow our affiliate partners to provide any bonus that they may provide you for making a purchase.
- We also use social media buttons and/or plugins on this site that allow you to connect with your social network in various ways. For these to work the following social media sites they will set cookies through our site which may be used to enhance your profile on their site or contribute to the data they hold for various purposes outlined in their respective privacy policies.
Hopefully that has clarified things for you and as was previously mentioned if there is something that you aren't sure whether you need or not it's usually safer to leave cookies enabled in case it does interact with one of the features you use on our site.
However if you are still looking for more information then you can contact us through one of our preferred contact methods:
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 0333 700 4444